scammers3The Federal Trade Commission convinced a U.S. district court to order two companies to stop advertising that they are part of a government-endorsed mortgage-assistance network. The complaints and restraining orders name Hope Now Modifications LLC, related entities and principals Nick Puglia and Salvatore Puglia as well as New Hope Property LLC and principals Brian Mammoccio and Donna Fisher.

At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a U.S. district court has ordered two companies to stop falsely advertising that they are part of a government-endorsed mortgage assistance network and that they successfully modify mortgages for almost all of their clients or else give refunds. In fact, the FTC alleges that the defendants are not affiliated with the legitimate HOPE NOW Alliance mortgage assistance network, often divert one month’s mortgage payment as a fee from distressed homeowners, fail to help them modify their mortgages, and then deny them refunds.

“With many consumers desperate for relief and afraid they might lose their homes in these difficult economic times, some unscrupulous individuals prey on these fears for their own financial gain,” said FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz. “The New Hope and Hope Now scammers have given consumers false hope under the guise of the government-endorsed HOPE NOW Alliance. We won’t hesitate to take action against these types of con artists now and in the future.”

According to the Commission, the defendants advertised, marketed, and sold mortgage loan modification services to consumers nationwide using Web sites including www.newhopemodifications.com and www.hopenowmod.com. The FTC charged the defendants with violating federal law by misrepresenting that they could obtain mortgage loan modifications for consumers in all or virtually all cases and that they would refund consumers’ money if they did not.

The FTC also charged the defendants with making false claims that they are affiliated with, or part of, the HOPE NOW Alliance, a non-profit organization that is a broad-based coalition of credit and home ownership counselors, lenders, investors, mortgage market participants, and trade associations. The HOPE NOW Alliance offers free assistance to homeowners who may not be able to pay their mortgages and need help working with their mortgage company or loan services. Seeking to capitalize on its name, the defendants called their firms New Hope Modifications and Hope Now Modifications, and used telephone numbers that included “HOPE,” to mimic the real HOPE NOW Alliance hotline which is 888-995-HOPE.

Both defendants’ Web sites contain statements designed to induce consumers to buy their services. For example, the New Hope defendants’ Web sites represent that “Loss Mitigation” is “The Fast and Easy Way To save your home,” and that, “Our experience with the loss mitigation departments of major mortgage companies and servicers gives you the advantage needed to secure a plan you can live with.” The Hope Now defendants’ Web site claims that Hope Now “can help you save your credit and your home, often within 60 to 90 days.” Other claims include, “We STOP FORECLOSURE In Its Tracks!**”

According to the FTC, when consumers call the New Hope or Hope Now toll-free numbers, the defendants’ telemarketers promise them that they can help modify their mortgage loans and prevent foreclosure. Consumers are then told that they first must pay an up-front fee, referred to as a “mitigation escrow fee” before the defendants begin working with them.

The complaints also allege the defendants tell consumers they can receive a full refund if they are not satisfied with the defendants’ services. The complaints state that, in many cases, after consumers have paid the up-front fees, the defendants fail to return their phone calls to provide them with updates about the status of their purported communications with the consumers’ lenders or misrepresent that negotiations are proceeding smoothly. In most instances, the defendants fail to obtain mortgage loan modifications, and in many instances consumers find out later from their lenders that they have not even been contacted by the defendants. Finally, the complaints state that consumers who complain about the lack of service often find they cannot get a refund for the substantial up-front fee they paid.

The complaints and temporary restraining orders announced today were entered against: 1) Hope Now Modifications, LLC, Hope Now Financial Services Corp., also doing business as (dba) Hope Now Modifications, and their principals, Nick Puglia and Salvatore Puglia; and 2) New Hope Property LLC, also dba New Hope Modifications LLC, and its principals, Brian Mammoccio and Donna Fisher. The FTC continues to seek a permanent halt to the defendants’ illegal conduct.

The Commission vote approving each complaint was 4-0. Both complaints were filed on March 17, 2009 in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. The court entered the temporary restraining orders and related asset freezes on March 19, 2009. The FTC brought the complaints with the invaluable assistance of the HOPE NOW Alliance and the Attorney General of New Jersey.

NOTE: The Commission authorizes the filing of complaints when it has “reason to believe” that the law has been or is being violated, and it appears to the Commission that a proceeding is in the public interest. The complaints are not a finding or ruling that the defendants actually have violated the law.

Copies of the complaints are available from the FTC’s Web site at http://www.ftc.gov and also from the FTC’s Consumer Response Center, Room 130, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580. The Federal Trade Commission works for consumers to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices and to provide information to help spot, stop, and avoid them. To file a complaint in English or Spanish, visit the FTC’s online Complaint Assistant or call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357). The FTC enters complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to more than 1,500 civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad. The FTC’s Web site provides free information on a variety of consumer topics.

MEDIA CONTACT:
    Mitchell J. Katz
    Office of Public Affairs
    202-326-2161
STAFF CONTACT:
    Gregory A. Ashe
    Bureau of Consumer Protection
    202-326-3719

(FTC File Nos. 092-3068 and 092-3079; FTC v. New Hope Property LLC, et al., Case No. 1:09-cv-01203-JBS-JS (D.N.J.); FTC v. Hope Now Modifications LLC, et al., Case No. 1:09-cv-01204-JBS-JS (D.N.J.))
(New Hope.final.wpd)

Source: THE FTC

112 Comments

112 Responses to “Loan Modification Scams Shut Down by the FTC: Hope Now Modifications & New Hope Property”

1. [...] Random Feed wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptThe Federal Trade Commission convinced a U.S. district court to order two companies to stop advertising that they are part of a government-endorsed mortgage-assistance network. The complaints and restraining orders name Hope Now Modifications LLC, related entities and principals Nick Puglia and Salvatore Puglia as well as New Hope Property LLC and principals Brian Mammoccio [...] [...]

2. susan schattl says:

I did get sucked into sending $3100 and know understand that this company is a scam. Has anyone had any success getting any help from this company

3. Dennis and Suzzette Allam says:

We also lost $1750.00 to New Hope Modification and still waiting for a refund. The BBB has told us that they sent them a regestered letter and it was returned. We don’t know what else we can do. Any recommedations would be welcomed.

4. irish horton says:

they took my money and i have not hear from them i call nobody did not return my call back they took 1500 hundred dollars from me thanks irish

5. Joshua Foster says:

No. we also sent well over 1000.00 dollars over 7 months ago and have never heard a word from anyone, luckly our mortgage company sold us to another and they gave us a hard ship loan so we wouldnt loose our house. I would still like my money back.

6. Judy Wood says:

I gave New Hope Modifications $2545 to help us reduce our interest rate. Nothing. The rate did not go down and we are going to loose our house plus the money.

7. WE ALSO GAVE UP 1.552.OO STILL WAITING ON PAPER WORK HAVE RECIEVE ANYTHING NO MUCH OF A WORD.CALLS NO ANSWER NOW WE TRINF TO SAVE OUR HOME JUST LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE PEOPLE THEY SCAM ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY WOULD ANYONE GO TO THAT LEVEL TO HURT PEOPLE EVEN MORE THAT IS REALLY SAD.

8. veronica may says:

New hope took 2500 from me and did nothing for me what can I do to make sure they get ther day in court because I MAY NOT HAVE A HOME IF GOD DONT HELP BECAUSE I DONT HAVE NO MORE MONEY AND TIME IS RUN OUT.

9. david johnson says:

This company ripped us off and we are now trying to work with our mortgage com. But they want 2000.00 by the 15th of april I hope by the grace of god we will be able to get the money or we are going to lose our house. Our grandkids live with us.

10. Laurie Scarpulla says:

I just found out we have been working with a company, New Hope Loan Modifications, that is a complete fraud. They extracted $1500 from my checking account, and promised they would represent me to work towards a mortgage modification.

I belived I was working with the legitimate Hope Now program. I am a wreck. Three months behind on my mortgage and fearful of losing my home.

I am sickened that individuals could go to such extremes and capitalize on the american public’s misfortunes. Is there anything we can do to be refunded our fees?

11. Ashley Adams says:

HopeNow Modifications helped me when I was in need. I was in foreclosure and they postponed my sale date and they also completed a modification for me. They are saving me 1,5oo dollars per month on my mortgage payment. I had nothing but a good experience with the company.

12. Michelle says:

I was contacted by Hope Now Modifications in November after looking up modification information on line and was told that they could help me and my husband lower our mortgage payments to a more affordable amount then what we were paying – I got the paperwork faxed to me and took it home – we looked it over – checked the website – signed the contract giving them permission to withdraw $1558 from our checking account and then I did all the follow up work – leaving messages, sending emails, no contact or calls or very rare response – don’t answer anything from your mortgage company let us know if you get foreclosure papers etc – we weren’t even late on our mortgage it was just wayyyyy too high for us to pay without not paying other bills – now I can’t get the money back – have filed complaints with FTC and the Massachusetts AG office and don’t know where to go now. I was able to modify my mortgage myself which is why I initiated asking for my money back in the first place before the 60 days was up.

13. Melissa P says:

I am interested in Apply2Save modification cntr. Is there a web site i can go on to check what companies a good ones?

14. Moe Bedard says:

Melissa,

I would check to see if this is a law firm. Which I checked and they are not. That would be the first red flag to a potential scam or unsavory operation. You should first try to get free help at places like my forum at http://www.LoanSafe.org/forum or from a HUD approved counselor.

Search here. http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm

Personally, I would NOT use this company.

15. June says:

We have been scammed too out of 1600.00 dollars.This company promise to help lower our interest rate and lower payment so far nothing has been done,no one answer the phone you get a recording now saying use a site customercare@hopenowmod which is not a real site. I was not even behind on my mortgage now will have to work something out with my loan company hoping I will still keep my home. We have contact the FTC and the BBB. and reporting it to the Attorney General Office in New York.

16. David R B says:

We are in the same boat we do have good phone numbers to that HOPE NOW LOAN MODIFICATIONS LLC> Company they will not return any phone calls now that they have are money before we paid they are your best friend now we all are sick and have a cancer well the phone numbers are 1-877-875-1788,1-856-232-1422 fax,1-856-304-5607,1-856-232-7803 we were getting foreclosed on while they were helping us they promissed us and did not deliver they told us they were from the Federal gov. to help this is wrong.

17. Larry says:

LOAN MODIFICATIONS ARE NOT WORKING ! BUT BILL HR 1106, SENATE VERSION S.61 IS HOPE THAT IS “REAL” AND IS POSSIBLY TO BE UP FOR VOTE IN THE SENATE LATE APRIL 2009 !!!
    ****************************************

THE BANKING INDUSTRY IS SPENDING AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO LOBBY TO ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT THESE BILLS THAT WILL !! OFFER “REAL” HOPE TO HELP KEEP FAMILIES IN THEIR HOMES WITHOUT A MONETARY BAILOUT !

**************************************

***NOW IS THE TIME TO CONTACT THE SENATORS AND DEMAND THEY PASS THIS BILL AND NOT “SELL OUT”" THE AMERICAN PUBLIC TO THE BANKING INDUSTRY ! YES… THE SAME BANKING INDUSTRY “YOUR” TAX DOLLARS “BAILED OUT” IN THE BILLIONS.

***********
    IT IS SIMPLE TO CONTACT: “GOOGLE” MY SENATORS.. AND THE ENTIRE OF LIST OF SENATORS ALONG WITH CONTACT #’S IS LISTED:

***EMAIL, PHONE, FAX, WRITE LETTERS, CONTACT LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS, CALL TALK SHOWS..MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ! ****

***PASSING THIS BILL WILL MAKE BANKS WORK WITH YOU TIMELY AND AGRESSIVELY ..OR FACE A JUDGE THAT WILL DO IT FOR THEM !

18. Larry says:

LOOK READ AND CHECKOUT THE SENATE BILL S.61 THAT WOULD BE “REAL ” HELP FOR HOMEOWNERS! AFTER READING SIGN THE PETITION : THIS BILL WILL POSSIBLY BE VOTED ON IN LATE APRIL 2009.
    **********
    THE BANKING INDUSTRY IS SPENDING A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY LOBBYING TO ALL OUT ATTEMPT TO DEFEAT THIS BILL ” HELPING FAMILIES SAVE THEIR HOMES ”
    ************

***MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ****

CONTACT AS MANY SENATORS AS YOU CAN. IT IS SIMPLE : “GOOGLE” MY SENATORS.. IT WILL LEAD TO ALL SENATORS AND CONTACT NUMBERS:

EMAIL, FAX, CALL, WRITE AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND DEMAND THEY PASS “HELPING FAMILIES SAVEW THEIR HOMES”…

19. nadira A says:

Newhope Modifications LLC,New Jersey,(Brian Mammoccio/Kelly Fisher/Melissa Fisher) took $3000 to modify my loan and did a further illegal withdrawal transaction out of my account of $3000 and did promised to return since Feb.09,the $3000,but I can’t get anyone on the phone or via e-mails, The phone is disconnected.I complained to the FTC and Channel 7 news I will be contacting the BBB. WE the victims need to unite and fight for our rights.Americans must not allow this callous behavior to go unchecked,let’s take back oyr plane.

20. Linda S says:

Yes i too have been scammed by hope know modifactions. Right now i am sick to my stomach in fear of calling my mortgage company praying that they will work with me to keep my home. I found out last night that i have been scammed still in shock….

21. David Soucy says:

We were also scammed by this co and out of 1500.00. We are also in a financial hardship as I was hurt in Iraq,daughter broke leg, had surgery and how can this company prey on people who are about to loose their home. You try to call Ne Hope and get nothing we have a cell number for the owner of the company and all you get from him is a bunch of BS!!!!! I am very upset that this company can do what they did. I hope that all of us that lost money cant recoup it back and I also hope that they are brought to justice as this is really sad that they preyed on people in their desperate time of need!!!

22. Tanya says:

I was scamed out of 1200.00 the agent i was talking with gave me her cell number after all the numbers were disconnected i was calling her leaving her messages and then found out what is going on.. This is sick that people would do this. I hope that some one will help us to get our money back and soon.

23. robin says:

i did the same thing and they took 3600.00 from me but if you put this on a debit or credit card contact the bank and fill out the paper work that this is a scam and the bank will get back your money at less you get that back (i did) and then try to contact a local lawyer in your area and let them do the modification.

24. marcia j says:

I too was scammed by new hope for 2500.00
    melissa fisher was adam burke, debbie, kelly
    stacey slaughter, what a bunch of sick
    people who steal from us who are losing our
    homes, I hope they recover them and our money
    and have a judge put them all away, i am in
    foreclosure and going to lose my home because
    of them, the bank does not care and you know
    they had told me that you have to watch them
    more people had the same situtation with them.

Melissa fisher and her family should do some hard time she lied to me and told me
    jer mother was very sick now she should be
    careful because what you throw out to
    the universe could happen she is very evil

Could you help me I am looking for a lawyer
    in the Boston Mass area who could handle
    a mod and bankrupty foreclosure and also
    I hope the bill passes soon.

t.y.
    marcia j.

25. Alicia and Jon Haddigan says:

We too fell for the scam! We went through tough times after i was going through a rough pregnancy w/ twins – we had fetal surgery at 18 weeks and then bed rest in the hospital until they were delivered at 28 weeks – one passed at 4 days old. the other remained in the NICU for 9 weeks. My husband and i were out of work for quite a while and medical bills were piling up. We got severely behind. They gave us promises and took our $2300 and we saw nothing! I too want to get on board with a law suit! Luckily i knew something was not right and contacted my mortgage company directly – we managed to save our home but our credit is ruined after 4 months of not paying our mortgage at Hope Nows recommendation!

26. Karen says:

I just found out this morning when I got a letter that my house is going up for auction, that all the numbers are disconnected or just ring a constant busy. $2100 I’m out and am scrambling to save my house. My son and his kids live in it.

27. Becky says:

I hope the people who worked at or owned HOPE NOW Modification can sleep at night. I hope when they are driving their new cars or going on a vacation or able to pay their bills that they think of all the people they scammed.
    SHAME ON YOU TO EVERYONE AT HOPE NOW MODIFICATION!!!
    Are any of you digging deep down in your pockets to pay back the victims? God don’t like UGLY!!!
    Yes, I was scammed by HOPE NOW Modifications. But, at least I know I can sleep at night knowing that I didn’t steal money from anyone who is going through a hardship. I can look at myself in the mirror knowing that I care more about people than the people who ripped all of us off.
    I have printed out all the articles on this fake company and I’m saving them for the future. The HOPE NOW owners should pay all of us back with interest.
    Then the people of this company need to go and live in a shelter and go without money, cars, and of course a place to live to call their own. Then maybe they’ll realize what they have done to thousands of people who were just looking for help to save their homes.
    I wonder how the owners and workers of HOPE NOW would feel if someone ripped off their parents, grandparents, or anyone they care about.
    Let’s keep on praying that what goes around comes around.

28. Wanda W says:

We too were scammed by Hope Now!! These people should be punished for what they are doing. We were able to save our house by working with our mortgage co. We want our money back!! Luckily we used our visa card and may have some recourse with this. Let’s put these guys in jail!!

29. MARTI/JOHN says:

HAVING DEALT WITH ‘HOPE NOW MODIFICATIONS’
    LOCATED AT 200 LAKE DRIVE EAST, SUITE 200, CHERRY HILL NEW JERSEY 08002. LOCAL # 877-467-3364. DEALT WITH DAVID HIGGS AT FIRST BACK IN NOVEMBER OF ’08 AND SENT IN GOOD FAITH MONEY OF $2600.00, AFTER SEVERAL CALLS COME TO FIND-OUT THAT HIGGS WAS TERMINATED AND NEW AGENT CHRISTINE BRITTINGHAM AT EXTENSION 5697 WAS HANDLING THE CASE (SPELLING MIGHT NOT BE ACCURUATE)THEN WAS TRANSFERRED TO SUPERVISOR BILL HUNTER AT EXTENSION (5777) AND HE WAS TERMINATED AROUND THE END OF FEB. OR THE BEGINNING OF MARCH. CALLED AND GOT ANOTHER REP TELLING ME THAT HE WAS HANDLING THE CASE AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IN-TOUCH WITH ANYONE SINCE. I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH ALL THE NECESSARY STEPS THROUGH THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND WILL FIND OUT IF THIS OFFICE EVEN EXISTS. THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AND STOPPED BEFORE IT GOT TO THIS POINT OF DECEIVING TROUBLED HOMEOWNERS. NICK PUGLIA, SALVATORE PUGLIA AND ALL INVOLVED INCLUDING THE CALL CENTER SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MIS-REPRESENTATION. IF THIS COMPANY MENTIONED AND THE PARTIES INVOLVED ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FTC SHUTTING THEM DOWN THEN LET US KNOW.

30. MARTI/JOHN says:

HAVE DEALT WITH HOPE NOW AND HAVE NO SUCCESS. DEALT WITH DAVID HIGGS(TERMINATED IN DEC.) CHRISTINE BRRITINGHAM(EXT 5697)THEN BILL HUNTER(EXT 5777) LOCATED AT 200 LAKE DRIVE EAST, SUITE 200-CHERRY HILL, NJ 08002/ # 877-467-3364. HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE SINCE 4/3/09, KEEPS GOING TO RECORDING AND THEN WENT ON LINE TO THE WEB-SITE AND FOUND OUT THE FTC SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN. NICK AND SALVATORE PUGLIA AND OTHER SILENT PARTNERS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PROSECUTED FOR TAKING ADVANTAGEW OF A TROUBLED MARKET AND FOR MIS-REPRESENTATION ALONG WITH WIRE-FRAUD FOR RECEIVING MONIES VIA CHARGE CARDS AND DEBIT CARDS. THE NECESSARY STEPS ARE BEING TAKEN TO CONTACT THE BBB AND THE FTC AND ALL LEGAL VENUES. THIS IS PROBALY A SMALL PEBBLE ON ABIG ROCK PILE DUE THETHE OTHER ECONOMIC ISSUES THAT ARE PRESENT.

31. Lena Wyszynski says:

i was scammed – I did a lease/buyout where an investor puts my mortgage in their name for a year then I buy my house back – the investor found out that the homes in their name (13 of them) are all behind on their mortgages and the settlement papers show money back to seller which I never saw and Brian Mammoccio told the investor I wasn’t making payments – I made payments of 1200 per month for a year….my settlements papers show I was supposed to get 99,000 – never saw a check at settlement and now finding out that they may have forged my name. ANYONE that dealt with this company and individuals – CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND GO FILE CHARGES AGAINST THEM – I AM…..

32. Stacey & Donnie says:

We were scammed out of $1000 and were able to close the account before the 2nd $1000 was with Vincent Centrone – but the name Joey was in parenthesis on the copy of the check they were able to withdraw. What scum bags – all I can be sure of is what comes around goes around. But I do pray they get what they deserve.

33. We sent them $1500 dollars in a promise to help us keep our house. Now 4 months later we are on the verge (3 weeks away ) from our house being sold on the courthouse steps.I have four small children who will not have a house to live in because of this scam.Now all the money i have is gone to a false hope. Is there any advice anyone can give my family at this point.

34. a vega says:

6 months nothing hope thet share a cell with madoff

35. Kelley Fisher says:

I just want to say that I feel this is slander and a clear lack of knowledge that a person can put an employees name on this website without having full knowledge of all the facts. I was an employee who answered ever single complaint that came into New Hope. I, in no way had control of issuing any refunds to any clients. I fought tooth and nail with the owner to award funds back to clients that were deserving of them. For someone to put my name on here without knowing the true person and employee I WAS is an absolute disgrace. I have no problem with the first ammendment of the constitution for free speech but that also goes hand in hand with knowing what you are speeking of. On this website it is stated that funds were taken from their accounts unauthorized. I feel that this is a similarity to in the respects that words are being written about me that I had no authorization to do anything about. I have a huge heart and sympathy for deserving individuals who put their trust in New Hope to take care of their homes that is why I fought with the owner to return unauthorized funds to the extent that I fianlly walked away and put New Hope in the past.

36. John and Cynthia Rafferty says:

My husband and I too fell victim to this scam, and are out 1,000. We are weeks away from losing our home, and struggle to trust that any help could have been real. We can sympathize with everyone who has made a complaint here, and would join any and all of you to help bring these companies to justice in our court system.

37. Kelly C. says:

We got rip off to 1250.00, Plus they went into my acct. for the other 1/2, didn’t tell us. An I got hit with 105.00 nsf fees.
    I want to nail them to a wall. Take their houses. Sell them we all split the money. Then where ever they get work they have to pay us.

38. Moe Bedard says:

I spoke with the FTC today and they are working on solutions. But this was a scam and the best thing to do is get ACTIVE in calling your lender or mortgage servicer ASAP!

Also, you can try to get a non profit to intervene like http://www.NACA.com.

I don’t see anyone recovering much money from these crooks and the FTC is just in charge of protecting consumers againts illegal advertising and business scams. The DA, and AG will have to step in on recovering money and criminal prosecution.

39. Kelly C. says:

I was taken for taken for 1250.00,plus they did not tell me when they where going to take the other 1/2 (650.00) so I got hit with 105.00 NSF from my bank. I want to sue them for everything we can get. I want their homes,cars,ect. Put up it for auction and leave them homeless and pennyless. See how they like it. And I mean everone that worked at New Hope.

40. Jessica H says:

I was also one that has had nothing happen from Hope Now and getting the run around. The telephone # goes in circles and gives you a website that brings you right to this one. I am out $1500 and on 1 income is hard to write off when you are 4 months behind on your house payment. I was told by my agent Jeff O not to speak to my mortgage company that they were handling it. I am now calling my mortgage co and hoping that they will work with me. I am going to call my bank about maybe getting my money back and the web site I was given is http://www.financialstability.gov from my mortgage co about help that is legit!! Right from the president of the United States!! I can’t take anymore scams and they should be prosecuted for doing this to hard working citizens that just need help in this economy!!

41. chris spoto says:

Hope now took 2146.00…still calls are not being answered…I really thought this was the way…

42. S.and M. Jensen says:

We too were sucked out of $2050.00. And thought that Hope Now Modifications was going to help us modifiy our existing loan. They even told us not to make any house payments until the modification actually takes place. That they will get those missed payments put on the end of our loan. That was 6 months ago. I believe their day will come and they will rot for what they did to sooooo soooo many people. It makes a person literally ill to think what they’ve done to so many families. Rot you MF’s.

43. Edward James says:

In January 09′ I was contacted by Hope Now Modifications and was told that my home loan could be reduce to save hundreds of dollars. I was three months behind on my mortgage payments at the time. Hope Now Modifications ask for and receive from me $1,888.00 dollars to setup a Mitigation Escrow Account to start the modification. After 45 days, I heard nothing from Hope Now, so I contacted IndyMac Federal Bank who hold’s the mortgage on my home. The bank stated they had no information about any modification from Hope Now. I called any times and wrote letters to Hope Now complainting about the lack of service on my account #45960 and in writing I cancelled all services dealing with my package. A refund was also requested, which to this day I have not received.

Hope Now Modifications is a scram which make false claims to the public and they should prosecuted to the full extend of the law. My home is now in foreclosure status because of the unfair business practices of Hope Now Modifications LLC. Federal Trade Commission I am asking for your help in this matter.

44. Rosemary says:

I was desparate for help when I contacted New Hope. I thought at last someone to help cut through the red tape. But after paying them over $1200 we did not receive any results. No returned calls or emails.

45. Frieda Boyle says:

I CAN RELATE WITH ALL OF YOU. I WAS ALSO SCAMMED. I’M DISABLED WAS TAKEN FOR 1OOO.OO DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO FROM HERE OR EVEN TRUST ANYONE TO HELP.

46. Frieda Boyle says:

HOPE NOW STOLE 1000.00 FROM ME AND NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I’M A DISABLED MOTHER OF 2 WITH THE POSIBILITY OF STILL LOSING MY HOME

47. Team Leaders of new hope says:

The general public should also be aware that working inside of this establishment, all management (team leaders NOT uppermanagement) were ALWAYS being told that everything was fine..when you see 20 plus mitagation team working hours, you unfortunately assume that all is under control.. when your Direct Manager and the owner tell you that everything is fine, you believe them.. Remember their were plenty of decent sales people who truly believed they were helping consumers… and do a mirror check because a lot of the people I spoke to were the worst at getting their paperwork in, they’ve lived rent free for months and would like to blame everyone else for their problems…. my team leader left early on and that was a true sign to all of us, that something wrong must be happening… I believe most had no idea that things were out of control…the intention of staff was always to do the right thing and everyone has learned the hard way that the owner wasn’t of honor..

48. Virginia Ciriako says:

We have been waiting for three months and no loan. We have sent them $1500 . And we are about to lose our home. I don’t know what we are going to do.

49. mary phelps says:

its about time some one did something i called new hope in oct 08 they got 1495.00 from me same thing as the rest of you no return calls. people no longer work for the company you are working with. ask for a refund right!!no return calls i was scamed too!! now 3 months behind trying to keep my home. i have herd they are open but with another name they need to be stopped!!the team leaders rite they just tell you what you want to here were working on it. it takes time. maybe we will all forget we gave them our money.i questioned the about comments on the rip off report i read after no replys and they said it was just people who couldnt be helped. i guss thst was all of the coustomers they had they took our money and ran. you all should be locked up!!

50. mitigation at NEW HOPE says:

None of this was ever the intention of the owners or the people working for this company. They are good people that allowed greed to overcome their morals.

51. Terese says:

Jim Plunkett of HOPE NOW MODIFICATIONS. HE LIVES IN NEW JERSEY. HE WILL BE GIVEN THE DEATH SENTENCE FOR THIS.

52. kay d. says:

Contact Hope Now Modifications a.k.a.Hope Now Financial Services attorneys’ Kwasnik, Rodio, Kanowitz & Buckley P.C. at 1763 Route 70 East, 2nd Floor, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 Tel: 856-424-0378 | Fax: 856-424-9582 and TELL THEM YOU WANT A REFUND.

They are in charge of doing the modifications of all of the Hope Now Modifications company. You can visit their website at http://www.krkb.com

They are the only ones THAT ANSWER THE PHONE AND LEGALLY HAVE TO GIVE YOU A REFUND. Believe they send you a release form to sign and fax back then will cut you a check. Good luck and God bless every one of you.

53. andy says:

hope now all false promises all they did for me is take my 2,500 my my hard earned money told me not to make mortgage payment nowi’m trying very hard not to loose my home thank you hope now or whatever your company name is this week

54. Tina says:

I have tried to get a refund since Feb. 18, 2009. I see replies from people that work at Hope Now on this website. Can one of you tell us the secret to actually getting a live person to talk to? I just want my money back. I take responsibility for my mortgage not being paid on time (even though it was circumstances beyond my control) I should have tried other avenues to save my home instead of putting what little money was available in the hands of someone I did not know. I just want and need the funds back. I know that the files were suppose to go to court today 4/23/2009 due to the actions of the FTC and the Attorney General. I want to know what happened in court and when the refunds will be issued. People who work or worked at Hope Now can you tell us if anyone actually ever got a refund from this company, were any loans actually ever modified? I talked to people I actually thought were trying to help me. Only now none of those people answer the phone or return emails.

55. We too are victims of this scam.We allowed them to charge our credit card for over $1000.00. They were very convincing and sophisticated in their operation. Their victims should organize and file a class action or womething to get a refund.

56. Jani says:

Did those people who you sent money too send it directly to a representative of your bank? Did you contract with an independent company? Just curious.

If you contracted with independent company write the attorney general for the state you are in and send copies of your charge card receipt. You have rights.

Jan, Palm Desert, Ca

57. Daron says:

My wife and I were victims of 1200.00 from this company Darryl and Terrance I will do everything in my power to get a refund ! we are still battling to keep our home but this scam wasnt right and Beware to all involved (Newhope)

58. ROBERT F. says:

I ALSO HAVE PAID TO GET HELP WITH MY MORTGAGE , BUT UNFORTUNATLY HAVE HAD SUCCESS IN REPSONSE , CONTACTED THE ATTORNEY’S OFFICE LISTED , BUT THEY ARE ONLY
    GETTING INVOLVED WITH THEIR OWN CLIENTS
    GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE , I’M GOING TO KEEP TRYING NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES

59. Syd says:

I was also taken for well over a thousand dollars. If I ever get the chance to see the person face to face who did this I will whoop his @ss. Just spoke to my lender and these people are a scam!!

60. I really thought they were going to help me.,I quess I was fooled………….I tried everything……….. I have been working with the bank for two years now. call back linda., or shes in a meeting oh call susan., she may help you ., oh sorry there is a new company serving your loan. I spoke to ajash, sorry he said for giving me wrong number I spoke to rolando said I must call back I spoke to tenzin and kav… I finally said what tyfpe of mortgage company is this… Oh we are in India………well I said the investor had to hire someone in india to service me I quess they must be cheaper………what ever happen to my country tis of thee…………………

61. Dell Garner says:

I too have been scammed. The numbers I have you can’t reach anyone and the websites are not good. I am unemployed, divorced and trying to save my home when I was contacted by Hope Now. They took $1500 from my account and have offered nothing. If anyone wants to get a lawsuit going I’m in. These people are jerks.

62. Mary Pugh says:

I to was scamed by Hope now,I gave them permission to get 956.00 from our bank account and they did nothing for me.Is there help out there?

63. judy says:

we started in oct 08 , and gave them 2,350.00, and havent heard from them in 3 months . My husband has been laid off, im disabled.and we will lose our home in a few weeks. Can no one help us ????Hope now and John Bianchi may you rot in hell

64. Mary Pugh says:

So sad for people to treat other people this way .I to got ripped off of $956.00.

65. Michele says:

We were also scammed by Hope Now Modifications. The woman I originally dealt with told me that she and her husband were going through a modification using Hope Now as well. My husband is disabled and I work, so I thought hiring a third party would save me time that I just don’t have. Man, was I wrong. They took $1995 from us. After 4 months, and countless submissions of paperwork, I finally found out that the NJ AG filed a lawsuit. I have been in contact with the Better Business Bureau and the NJ A.G.’s office. I also contacted the law firm mentioned by another person on this site. They gave me the number for another law firm, who gave me the number for another law firm, who finally me that an attorney named Oliver Griffin from Phila is handling this. His # is 215-241-8888. When I called there I was told that they do not have anything to do with issuing refunds, which will have come out of the suit of the FTC. I don’t have time to wait for that. I need that money now so that I can use it for bills that are getting more and more backed up every day. I think a class action suit might be a good idea.

66. Karla says:

Well, I guess I can add my name to the many people hurt by this company. We also gave $2700 thinking we would be able to receive help from Hope Now. What a way to find out all this was just for them to put money in their pockets.

67. STEVE says:

I ALSO WAS SCAMMED BY “HOPE NOW MODIFICATIONS”…..TOOK $1700.00 FROM ME AND NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN…NOW HOUSE IS IN FORECLOSER…AM HAVING THE FBI GET INVOLVED ON THIS….THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND AS CROOKED AS IT GETS….IM SICK ABOUT IT….NO WONDER PEPOLE ARE HAVING HEART ATTACKS FROM THE STRESS ALREADY IN THEIR LIVES AND THEN TO HAVE THIS ADDED ! IM MAD !

68. doink says:

We were scammed into selling the house and in a years time they would give us a mortgage to rebuy it, yeah right,after the year the strawbuyer was not able to get us a mortgage so he came to us and said the house was gonna go south (now in forclosesure) and has not paid a penny on it since Jan/2008. I have spoken with NJAG office and heard nothing. Our scammer got the house appraised over 500,000.00 We never went to the tittle co ,they never came to us, they said we signed over 119,000.00 to Tittle co. Found 2 Lawyers willing to take case but need aleast 10,000.00 for retainer,have not heard a word for NJAG since Oct/2008,and they were the one’s that got in touch with us. As we did not know who to turn to!

69. pamela says:

We also were taken for $ 2,100. I thing we all should file a class action suite against these crooks. I’m currently working with Countrywide to save our home but not sure what will happen. I guess live and learn, but we were refered to this company by the VA.

70. STEVE says:

I ALSO WAS SCAMMED FROM HOPE NOW MOD….TOOK $1700.00 OF MINE TO REMODIFY LOAN …ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS AND HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM THEM NOR CAN I CONTACT ANYONE THERE VIA PHONE, E-MAIL OR FAX ! AM IN PROCESS OF HAVING THE FBI INVLOVED ON THIS. JUST GOT SERVED WITH FORECLOSER PAPERS TODAY …NEEDLES TO SAY I AM LIVID OVER THIS !!!

71. manda says:

We were also scammed by these people. They are a bunch of sick scum bags. I am currently trying to get our money back too. And, we are going to lose our house as well. Don’t worry if i get one dime I will let everyone on here know what I did to get it. I say we take them down. What comes around goes around and boy do they all deserve it.

72. maria says:

i was also scammed by hope now modification llc they took $1650.00. Fannie Mae refured them to me. I dont now what to do but we need to sue them some how.

73. Debra says:

I sent them $1600 for a loan modification and then got the runaround as to who was handleing my case. They did not keep in contact and are now nowwhere to be found. I am now in foreclosure because of relying on them. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I still have not heard anything. I doubt I will get my money back and now I’ll probably loose my home. They make me sick to my stomache. I hope the gov’t cracks down on them. They deserve to do jail time.
    Nothing but scam artists.

74. Understands says:

I was asked to pay 3,500 upfront, for fees and so on that it had to be immediately, this person called our home at least 7 times a day insisting he would help, i found this to be very odd, not even the banks call that many times, so we thought if it sounds to good to be true, well then this is a scam, so we refused and never answer their calls again.

This has happened to thousands of homeowners, because there is not a program in place to help us all, so we are being preyed upon, twice, yes twice, the first time by the brokers and predatory lenders and now by these salesman pretending to be modification specialist.

Government has turned a blind eye on us, we are in this alone, only by protesting and calling your government officials, the media, be persistent, we need to file a lawsuit then we shall, no one cares about our circumstances, no one!!!

I read somewhere where on the news stating that we wanted handouts, let me make it very clear, that if i wanted a handout, i would be amoung the ones that live on welfare, and my house would be paid by section 8 program, i would get free food stamps and health care.

I on the other hand, just like all of you, do not want a handout, but a second chance to be able to pay my mortgage, which by the way….i pay $6,000 yearly in property taxes, 2,800 in homeowners insurance and $300 in flood insurance. I pay my own health insurance which is $260 a month, have been working my entire life, never had nothing giving to me for free by government, my kids are going to college on my expense, no freebees here, so these comments from senators and legislators are unfounded.

In FACT the only ones crying out for a HANDOUT was wall street, AIG and the banks, these are the ones that love the handouts, we are the abused working class, the tax payers, the ones that with pride refuse to give up, so i tell you all, do not give up, where there is a will there is a way, GOD looks after those in tribulations, he understands and knows are sacrifice. I will not give up will not abandom ship, if i have to go to washington and protest i will on behalf of the 9 million going through our same situation, for those families living in TENT CITY. WE NEED TO UNITE, FOR ONE COMMON PURPOSE, THE RIGHT TO KEEP OUR HOMES, THE HOMES OF OUR CHILDREN!!!

75. Connie says:

Same sad story can be repeated here to the tune of $3,00.00. Federal Trade Commission rep advised us to call Experian regarding the Identity Theft and to place a Fraud Alert on the account we used. This disgusting group of scam artists have all your personal information and copies of documents including SS#, bank accounts, credit cards and tax returns no telling what they are capable of next.

76. TONY & LAURA says:

YES WE TOO HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM HOPE NOW MODIFICATION OF $1,600. AND IT’S BEEN SINCE JANUARY 2009.OUR REPRESENATIVE WAS MARC LANGLEY. (SHAME ON YOU)WE WERE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE FOR AWHILE, THEN BAMM A SLAP TO THE BACK OF OUR HEADS.ALL OF A SUDDEN NO MARC LANGLEY CANT SEEM TO FIND DA GUY. WELL NOW WE WERE JUST DELIVERED A FORCLOSURE DOCUMENT ON OUR HOME FOR JUNE.VERY STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW RACING FOR TIME WITH OUR MORTGAGE COMPANY AND THE OBAMA PLAN. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT GOT RIPPED OFF.

77. Dezryl sneed says:

Yes i was scam out of 1448.91 i think they should be prescuted to full extend of the law messing up people lifes.

78. Nelson says:

I also was scammed. I lost $1800 and my house while I was TDY serving my country. Using Hope Now. What a way to take care of the people.

79. G. J. Cloutier says:

It seems to me that there are enough people who have been scammed to file a class action suit to restore everyone’s money. Is there a way for us all to communicate nin real time on the phone or at least e- mail to start? I am willing to try . Any Suggestions?

80. Travis and Julie says:

Yes we were part of the scam too they took us for $1500.00. We started ours back in January. We are only three weeks away from loosing our home before we fond out that this was just a scam. No one would reply to our phone calls. Just got silly automated phone messaging when we tryed to contact them. Out of all of us that got scammed hopefully the FTC will prevail for us.

81. Anna says:

We were scammed out of $2242 + $1500 = $3742.00 for both houses we own so Hope Now could modify our loans — TOTALLY SCAMMED! I feel like a fool for trusting them and cannot get any response from them with their bogus email address, fax number and answering machine. What do I do now??? Has anyone tried to get funds back?

82. L weeks says:

We were also a victom of Hope Now. I saw an article in a womans magazine about forclosures- the recommended Hope Now- I called and spoke to Dereck Reid- What a nice guy- promissed he would be able to help – I sent $ 1500. From that day on I have not heard a word from the company. I since then wen to a private lawyer and paid again. I can only hope I did the right thing. I lost my job and was out of work for 6 months- and these people are heartless. I would like to go the the tv stations and see what they can do- or start a class action suit against them- I cant believe all the people they have hurt. We should start a petition and send it to Obama.

83. s.mathews says:

I too was scammed from hope now almost 3k…I have filed complaint to BBB but it was closed due to hope now not responding. I also called FTC. I did get a number to a att office Spector,Gorden & Rose at (215)241-8888, but they said they were only there to take name, numbers and amounts paid…I got this number from a employee that was assoicated with hope now at some point but now in another dept. he as called me back but cant help due to ???? but he is the one that gave me this number.

84. Vicki says:

I was scammed also, waiting for the arrivial of our 4th child knowing I would be out of work and my husband being layed off every other week we went to Hope Now for help. They stole 1870.00 back in November and December. I have made over 200 attemps to call and e-mail them and have mailed them letters, no response. I now have a 3 week old baby, and 3 other children to support, with foreclosure right around the corner. I hope, Hope Now pays for what they did to all of us and we get our money back. I was only looking for help and I did my homework on Hope Now.

85. Charles Austin says:

I was also taken for $1500.00 from New Hope. I do not know why they are only being sued. They should also be criminally charged. If they don’t get criminally charged. Many others will do the same.Ihope they get what they deserve.

86. Bobbi Jo says:

I just got an email from the BBB in New Jersey that Hope Now was not longer in business. My boyfriend got caught in the scam also and lost $1500.000. I am trying to get his money back for him. I had to deal with Billie Hunter what an ass and I hope you read this Billie. I also hope and pray for Karma on everyone there that was in on this scam.

87. Bobbi Jo says:

My boyfriend started back in October with this company they took $1500.00 from him and of course did not save his home or give him his money back. I read the response from Kelly Fisher I was on hold for over 2hrs one day waiting to talk to her because she told my boyfriend that she was personaly walking his request down to the refund office on Feb 13, 2009 after that he could not reach you either email or by phone. I was told the day I was on hold that you were looking for his file you’d be with me in 5 min. an hour later I got connected to Billie Hunter with an ego bigger then the grand canyon who told me when I told him I did not want to deal with him I wanted to speak to Nick Puglia that he did not know who he was and I would deal with him or he would hang up on me. When he did hang up on me and I called back and finaly was sent to a lady by the name of Dawn who worked for the Law offices told me “Oh I am sorry you wanted to speak to Kelly she is out of the office sick” what a bunch of BS Kelly and I wish karma on you Billie (grown man calling himself Billie) Hunter and everyone else that worked there. Sham on you ALL in this terrible time’s people are going threw and losing their homes that they have worked so hard to have to be homeless that $1500.00 could sure help my boyfriend right now.

88. Kathy says:

We were scammed by Hope Now Modifications for $1500. They said all the things we needed to hear. Their website looked ligitimate.We had no reason to not believe they were going to help us.
    Then came the placating statements of “Everything is fine, don’t worry about it.” “We’re waiting for the new president to get into office and the new programs to be rolled out.”
    We started the process in November with an expected completion date of the modification of 1/1/09. Well then they pushed it off to the first of February. Okay, but we’ve received a Sherrif’s sale notice. Called Hope Now, “Send it to us. we’ll take care of it. don’t worry.”
    Okay, then the second notice for the sherrif’s sale showed up.
    Hope Now sure took care of that didn’t they?
    This is where I started to look into what was going on or not going on and really discovered what was happening. Which was nothing. Hope Now had taken the information that We had provided them and forwarded to the bank, but now the information was old and the bank wouldn’t accept it.
    So, inspite of what I had been told by Hope Now I did start working with the bank in an attempt to stop or at least stall the sale of my home while we tried to modifiy the mortgage.
    Six and 1/2 months from that first call from Hope Now, I signed the modification papers with the bank. Without the help of Hope Now.
    Hope Now promised:
    1) To help modify my mortgage
    2) To get my two mortgages combined
    3) To stop any foreclosure proceedings

I got my mortgage modified by working with my bank.
    I stopped the foreclosure sale of my house.
    The bank wouldn’t combine the two mortgages. I have to refinance to get that to happen.
    Lied, Lied, Lied. All they did was lie.
    I want my money back.

89. sophia says:

I gave New Hope Modifications $2000 to help us reduce our interest rate. Nothing. The rate did not go down and we are going to loose our house plus the money.

90. Anonymous says:

Yolette
    I’am also a victim of new hope modification they took $2700 from my account. I hope there is a way for us to get our money back.

91. We hire New Hope Modifications to help modifiy our loan too. I am self employed and suffered a blow from the droppping economy. We sent them a total of $3,000.00. I spoke to the person that originally set up our documents and “they are no longer affiliated with New Hope”, sounds like a cop out to me. Jump ship and claim not contest. Now we too have to work directly with the bank as our attorney had said to, and hopefully we too do not lose our home. These kind of people should be drug out into the streets and left to the people they screwed to deal with them. I am sure it wouldn’t be pretty.
    So word of advice, YOU ARE YOUR BEST NEGOCIATER when it comes to your income! Call your bank and start working directly with them, or hire an attorney. Do not fall pray to these fly by night companys that are currently allowed to screw the public over and they have no conciquences.
    To all you who have been bamboozled as I have, good luck getting your money back, I wish you the best!!!

92. Lena Wyszynski says:

RE: doink
    I was scammed as well same as you. I was told I signed a release for 99,000 settlement check, never saw a release, never signed a release, never saw a check. Kelley Fisher came to my house to “do everything she can to help”, the “investor” that owns my house also said she would “do everything she can to help”, guess what, she helped herself to a lawyer, a real estate agent, and a nice profit for herself when they put my house on the market. I have a family that I’m trying to support on 1 paycheck, 3 grandbabies under the age of 6 living with me and now stand to lose my home. How do ANY of these people sleep at night. The owners, investors and all employees involved, I don’t care who they are…anyone that was employed with New Hope Properties, Brian Mammoccio and Donna Fisher should ALL be prosecuted to the fullest extent and lose everything they own.

93. Karen says:

They have $1,973.78 of my moeny since Dec. 2008. I can’t believe I fell for this. If it went to an escrow account can’t we get it back? Any help or direction would be most appreciated

94. Anonymous says:

IS ANYONE TRYING TO HELP US HERE!! ALL I SEE IS ARE PAIN. WHERE IS THE HELP WE ALL NEED?
    WHY ARE WE NOT GETTING OUR MONEY BACK?
    I WAS TO TAKEN AND LOSEING MY HOME. NEW HOPE IS NO HOPE!! GRACE HARRIS GHMICKEY@AOL.COM

95. Steven says:

I guess I’m one of the few, I was totally stunned when I Googled about New Hope. I had contacted them in December ’08 and gave them the $1200, we finally got our final Loan Modification papers in late February. From what I’m reading, somehow I lucked out…bigtime…. our Mod is good for 4 years fixed APR. I was hoping for it to be permanent, but hell from what I see I’ll settle for the way it is..

96. Moe Bedard says:

Yeah, be thankful you got something because from the looks of things, you are one of the few who didn’t get scammed!

97. Carol says:

We too were taken by Hope Now for $2,800. We actually live in Cherry Hill and went to there office to try and get our money back to no avail. The doors were looked and they would not help us. We have contacted the AG office and such but would love to get our money back. Our bank told us that they never work with a third party and had no records of contact from Hope Now. We have now been working with our bank on a modification program. We were stupid and our attorney told us we should chalk the lose of the money up as a lesson and realize the bank will work with us. Which they are. However, I want our money back. If anyone has had any success with getting in contact with them or starting a class action suite please contact me at Happymommy65@verizon.net. I would so appreciate talking with others in the same position.

Thanks!

98. Karen says:

Does anyone Know if the Website helpforhomeowners.org is a safe site to deal with for an FHA Streamline Loan?? They call themselves HOPE and I have talked to them about an FHA Streamline Loan..They said its a 2 week process and they send someone to our home for closing and mentioned something about one month mortgage payment up front and then we would have 2 months of no payments but we would discuss it later..I am feeling like maybe it may be a scam..can anyone tell me???

99. Jim says:

My wife and I were also scammed and we are in the same boat like almost everyone that posted a comment. We paid them $1668 almost a year ago. Our morgage company referred us to Hope Now! Because of some bad advise from Hope Now, we are two months behind on our mortgage and our mortgage company does not want to modify our loan now. We are on an adjustable loan, so our loan amount may increase up to 14%. We can’t refinance or modify our loan.

100. Anonymous says:

Brian Mommooccio, Donna Fisher and there last company UNITY MORTGAGE of Haddon Hts. N.J. was shut down buy the N.J. Banking and Insurance commission years ago for FRAUD, SCAMS, and being RIP OFFS. How they could ever get back into a Registered Business in the State of New Jersey is beyond me. These 2 belong in Prison. There last Known Address was Mullica Hill N.J.

101. Butch Johnson says:

I did work there and it such a sad thing that they trained thier people to do. Times are very tuff and these companys really made it hard and ruined alot of families. I hope everything works out for everyone effected. These people who owned these companys and not only did families lose out on money but tier employees who did not even know what was going on didnt get paid either not that thats a big deal but alot of people got screwed.

102. CAROLYN THEUS says:

OCT. 03, 2009

IS ANYTHING BEING DONE! I WANT MY MONEY BACK FROM THESE THEVES, CROOKS, LOW LIFES, EMBEZZALERS, FRAUDLENT PEOPLE, BOTTOM LINE!!!!!

CAROLYN

103. tom says:

Brian Mammoccio is the biggest theif ever created and his wife Donna is a whore.

104. Mario says:

Brian is my neighbor. He has signed a complaint against me and is suing me for over $14,ooo after the FTC shut down his business and froze his accounts and he sold me a swing set and a jacuzzi to get money. He claims I bought it from his son and not him who lives in the same house and now wants money. Can you belive this guy!!!! I will post the date, time and location of my court date so all of you can come tell the judge how truly honorable this guy is. Also, if he does for some crazy reason win this ridiculous law suit, you guys can tell the judge to take my money and split it amongst the people he robbed. If you are unable to attend, you can send me an email statement so I can share with the judge to show what type of person he really is. molsen1122@yahoo.com

105. JOHNNY J says:

Sal puglia can be contacted on his cell phone for all refunds his cell number is 856-816-5968. This is his direct cell number

106. JOHNNY J says:

Sal puglia’s cell phone number is 856-816-5968 He will hadleing all refunds. The guy has plenty of money so It shouldnt be an issue.

107. cherie chambliss says:

I too feel all these people’s pain for I used to work there. I had no idea what was going on because all I was handling was paperwork but still nonetheless it’s just a very sad situation for everyone involved. That last week before they shutdown we kinda knew something was going on. Needless to say we STILL didnt get paid. it shutdown in March and I’m still waiting for my money. I hope they get everything they deserve which is to be sent to hell ASAP!

108. sol says:

Ya know folks, I searched to find articles like this and found that the article was a SCAM too! I went to the direct link and phone number that THEY suggested as “legit”, and they did indeed ASK for my ACCOUNT NUMBER!

quoted as one of the ways to fraud..”getting us to divulge confidential information like Social Security Numbers and bank account numbers.”

Well, it seems we all have to do our homework…these sleazy conmen are NOT shut down…AVOID!!!

109. Teresa says:

Hope Now scammed $2989.00 from me last Nov 2008. I spoke personally Nick Puglia, Pres and assured me my modification will be done until their office was locked in March 2009. They ruined my credit and I hope I can get my money back and clears my credit.

110. Kim says:

Thank goodness I found this site as I was about to wire the $1000 to a Vincent Centrone tonight to save my home. I am very thankful I did not fall into this scam!! Goodbless everyone and wish the best of luck to get all the revenge deserved on these scammers!!!

111. Amparo Santana says:

I was scammed by New Hope Modification, in 2008, is there anyway of getting my $1500 back? Why is there not a class action suit against them.

112. TROY says:

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHIT. . WHERE IS A HOMEOWNER SUPPOSE TO TURN WHEN EVERYWHERE THERE IS NOTGHING BUT SCAMS, DISHONEST, CROOKED PEICES OF CRAP. IS IT OK TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO DO A LOAN MODIFICATION ? WILL I POTENTIALLY GET SCAMED BY THE FIRM ALSO? DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I KNOW ONE THING, IF I DO GET SCAMED, I DON’T LIVE THAT FAR AWAY FROM THERE LOCATION, I WILL PICK UP THE PHONE AND MAKE ONE CALL, JUST ONE. THEN THE SOHE WILL BE ON THE OTHER FOOT.