MFI Miami

Are MFI-Miami and  Steve Dibert really a front for illegal loan modification scams?

For years I have volunteered and offered free foreclosure prevention and loan modification information on and off the internet. In doing so I have had many mortgage copy cats, critics and internet haters. Some of these very same people have made it a business to go after my credibility in order to try and gain for their shady businesses.

One of these hater companies, MFI Miami operates on the East Coast and claims to be a consumer protection agency that goes after fraudulent loan modification companies. When in reality it is operated by an ex-“hard money” lender named Steve Dibert who for years made a living by  preying on struggling homeowners with poor credit to offer them mortgages with sky high interest rates and terrible loan terms.

Over the past year I have been watching this clown morph into this “now” super hero for homeowners coming to save homeowners everywhere. This Dibert character just started his blog and company in early 2009 long after the foreclosure crisis had started and after failed attempts to keep his hard money business going via a once popular mortgage broker website called Broker Outpost.

His internet handle at the time on Broker Outpost  and over the years of subprime and hard money lending was the “Mortgage Messiah.” This post, Steve Dibert Mortgage Messiah Scammer Fraud Alert,  is on another popular mortgage broker that he is a member of and posts on called the Mortgage Grapevine.

Here are some comments from his former bloggers who used to blog with him when he was a hard money lender. These comments verify my information and really describes this scum bags true character.

Velecio – 5300 posts, senior mortgage broker member –

Its funny how MFI became an ” authority ” on something in less than one year and now have the audacity to critique others, as far as someone having 400 million dollars being some kind of badge of honor against fraud , I can only say one word ” Wall st ” many with 100 times 400 million have commited much greater frauds.

I think Dilbert was banned last year but has reincarnated himself with new screen names

Xanthan Gun – 1235 posts, VIP Member –

You are giving him a little too much credit for his contributions to BO. Last fall he made a concerted effort to recruit people away from this forum and to a new mortgage broker forum. It didn’t work. When his efforts to undermine BO were discovered, he was banned. He then proceeded to create numerous fake screen names and attempted to sabotage the forum and its members with inane postings and slander. That didn’t work either.

His actions were unprofessional and immature.

You will see a few of the long time members defend him from time to time but for the most part nobody cares that he is gone. This forum is better off without his shenanigans.

Samurai – 2349 posts –

MFI is no authority on anything and this is just one big hoax.

On the other hand most modification companies are scams too and as stated above the fact that someone with a net worth of $400 million is involved with this company is nothing to be proud of. Appearances on MSNBC don’t mean anything either.

AIG’s Hank Greenberg was regularly on MSNBC and he is one of the biggest crooks on Wall Street.

Here some other posts from his former broker colleagues who claimed he ripped them off in 2008. I guess this is business as usual for this mortgage broker:

Beware Steve Dibert and Gang! Fruitcake Broker/Scammer

“We did some checking and this character isn´t even licensed.” Maybe something you should have done prior to sending $20k??

Amazes me that people will send money to someone they meet on the Internet w/o even so much as a cursory background check.
by rspringer March 6, 2008 12:00 AM

——————————————————————————–

JustRepublican, drop me an e-mail: kevin@thatmortgageguy.com

I have the contact info and e-mail address of a very agressive fraud investigator for the division of Finance for Florida. by JR_Ewing March 6, 2008 12:00 AM
——————————————————————————–

Lets just assume Dibert is a crackhead loser scamming donktard…

What the F%&# were you doing with an 800 scored borrower with 40M in assets needing 88M for a golf course Dibert seems to prey upon the STUPIDITY in this industry and it may just be that you´re the weaker of the two.

I also BLAME the idiot that allowed the funds to be transfered and obviously being stupid enough to let you run the show Where did you meet Dibert? On the Vine?????

Did the client know you were asking for 20k so some dude you met online could move forward? I´m going to guess the references to Dibert´s closings all checked out and I´m certain that his experience in GC´s was thoroughly vetted…? Sorry about stating the obvious but it´s EVERY BIT AS NECESSARY as the jackassery Dibert may have been a party to *shaking head
by Informedisback March 6, 2008 12:00 AM

——————————————————————————–

First of all, I never collected $20k from anyone in my life. The most I collect is $5000 upront. Second of all, Bank of America doesn´t even have branches in Michigan. I wasn´t even writing commercial loans 8 months ago. I am fully compliant with my licensing. Besides, you don´t need to be licensed to do commercial consulting. I don´t even do golf courses. They´re a waste of property. If you really want to pursue legal actions have your lawyer call me at 561-317-9978.

This is all BS by someone who I called out for lying to people on another site. This guy is using the internet to cloak his real identity because he doesn´t have the cojunes to use his real name. Although, I know who he is.
by mortgagemessiah March 6, 2008 12:00 AM

This last comment above is by Steve Dilbert himself. I find it funny that he says this because he uses these exact tactics to go after me and start bogus internet rumors while claiming to be a homeowner or ripped of consumer.

How pathetic, huh?

It is well known fact in the mortgage and broker world and he was a hard money lender and thus no different from some of these other shady mortgage brokers who you see being shut down daily by the FTC, State Attorney Generals and Department of Real Estate.

Actually I feel shady people like Steve Dilbert and his equally shady company, MFI Miami may prove to be a lot worse to public safety than the actual scammers themselves.

One of the companies that he promoted for many, many months is called Green Credit Solutions. This company has since been formally shut down by the California Department of Real Estate for illegal activities and now has hundreds of homeowner complaints by people who claim they have been ripped off for thousands and thousands of dollars.

Even after Green Credit was shut down, MFI Miami and his affiliates like Martin Mandleman that blogs for Aaron Krowne over at ML Implode promoted this company to consumers as a safe choice to get foreclosure help. Both Mandleman and Dilbert were fully aware of the shut down and complaints but turned a blind eye to these facts.

Myself and others believe this was done purely for profit.

I have written about Green Credit extensively here on LoanWorkout.org :

Green Credit Law Center, Solutions – Tell us your story

Green Credit Solutions/ Law Center out of business? | LoanWorkout.org

In June they were served with a cease and desist order by the California Department of Real Estate.

Go ahead and research this Steve Dilbert dude and the links I have provided. They are indisputable and I invite Mr. Dilbert to debate me on any of these facts.

Here are some comments and facts that prove MFI Miami were actively promoting illegal companies. There are actually emails from scam victims that you can call and email yourself to investigate my facts and claims:

In June they were served with a cease and desist order by the California Department of Real Estate.

Rumor has it that there are several thousand files and homeowners that may be in jeopardy. Also a tipster on the internet provided this link to what they say is their new website. http://www.getmycreditgrade.com./

karma August 12, 2009 at 10:51 am [edit]
so their websites are down, the 800 number isnt working.. i truly hope they are not able to reopen under any name whatsoever. who knows whats happening with the mod files in place already, i heard they are being sold or transferred to some attorney. green is now going to try and become solely a debt settlement company i hear, they have partnered with Home Loan Preservation which is a huge network of people who work independently, mostly from home. Kind of like a MLM type operation lol. get em moe!

Green credit solutions scam1What’s next guys? A rabbit out of a hat???

Tagged as: green credit law center, Green Credit Solutions
{ 26 comments… read them below or add one }

1 anon August 13, 2009 at 3:47 pm [edit]

Moe – Green Credit Solutions is now named http://www.GetMyCreditGrade.com. Their customer service number is 888-444-MYGRADE.

You need to be a little more responsible in your reporting. After all, people’s homes are at stake.

2 Moe Bedard August 14, 2009 at 5:59 am [edit]

Geez, I am not a magician like these guys and how did I know they had another rabbit in that hat?

Just wait for the story I plan to do next week on these clowns.

3 Lori Hatala August 14, 2009 at 4:22 pm [edit]

So is anyone have a lawsuit against them yet? I am in San Diego , CA
and intereted in suing them. They scammed me big time. I want my money back. Help

4 micheline August 16, 2009 at 9:08 pm [edit]

green credit took my money for a modification I could not call the company because the phone has been change. i want my money back from the company.

5 Dick Tracy August 17, 2009 at 9:37 pm [edit]

They moved on August 12,2009 into the former Saxon Mortgage Corporate offices moving up from 16,000 sq. ft. to 22,000 sq. ft. Changed their name yet again.They are not compliant with DRE or Law Firm models. You would have to start with the owners, Chris Fox , Curt Melone, James Hardy and Neil Whiteley-Ross.Nefarious characters to say the least.Long histories of taking peoples money.Good spin men though…they can tell a story. How many times will they be able to change the company names to potentially protect the guilty? The only positive comments are from those whom they owe money to or are currently employed in one of their schemes.

Run Forest ,Run…

6 Chris August 18, 2009 at 4:02 am [edit]

We have been scammed also. Let’s pool resources and sue these bastards? I am in Temecula and am out $7,000 with no modifications. I cannot get them to return a call and have lost a home. Let’s act in a concerted manner to nail these folks.

7 Moe Bedard August 18, 2009 at 9:07 am [edit]

It appears like this Green Credit is really screwing you homeowners everywhere and this has now turned into an urgent situation. Many of you may lose their homes if you do not act now.

Please go to the California Attorney General’s, FTC’s and DRE;s website for loan modification scams and file a formal complaint against Green Credit or their new firm. The faster you do this, then maybe they can help you get a refund.

Here are the links to file a complaint:

AG – http://ag.ca.gov/loanmod/
FTC – https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
DRE – http://www.dre.ca.gov/cons_complaint.html

I wish you all the best of luck and please let me know the outcome!

8 SweetlilJilly August 19, 2009 at 11:35 am [edit]

I too have lost $3495 to Green Credit. I’m now in pre-foreclosure and would very much like to get my money back.

9 Moe Bedard August 19, 2009 at 2:56 pm [edit]

I am sorry, but you all may never get your money back. The money is probally long gone and even the Cal. AG says it in this interview today , http://loanworkout.org/2009/08/ag-warns-loan-modification-companies/.

I am not sure what is going on with Green Credit, but I would pursue other home saving avenues like with http://www.naca.com or do this yourself because pursuing a refund may end being a waste of time.

10 awv August 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm [edit]

I had a relationship with them to prepare paperwork for clients. They do not communicate well and the process takes forever, however, they have provided results for my clients. The change of name and info earlier are correct. I called one of their executives on his cell phone and he called back quickly. Before you send anyone to panic, please try calling Brian Spiradonoff at 949/613-1811. The clients have frayed nerves as it is, and while I am sure you are trying to be helpful, I think you are doing more harm.

11 awv August 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm [edit]

These folks are difficult to communicate with, but, they do get results. The website above is correct. They don’t appear to be hiding. I called one of the managers on his cell phone and he called right back. Please don’t upset fearful homeowners further with speculation. Brain Spiradonoffisthemanager that I mentioned above and his cell phone number is 949/613-1811.

12 So frustrating August 23, 2009 at 8:07 am [edit]
awv,

Were you joking when you wrote “they don’t appear to be hiding”??? Our managers no longer return our calls. Green Credit President Larry, who came on strong on several on-line boards blasting homeowners for complaining and promised to help, is no longer communicating with us. The company has changed names at least 4 times over the past year, yet never once did anyone tell us about a single name change. Now they reopen as a Debt Management company, selling our files to a company calling themselves “Guardian Credit”…and you say they aren’t hiding?

I resent that you paint it sound like we are the ones in the wrong here. We have done everything GCS asked of us and have been patient…in fact, our patience may be what will ultimately cost us $3495 (becuase w emay be too late). I will try calling Brian as you suggest, and if we get a refund (even a partial refund) I wil post here thanking you. But I have been down this road before to no avail. I will keep you posted.

13 CitznFish August 25, 2009 at 4:03 pm [edit]

I lost $3495 to Green Credit Solutions. They strung me along and like a fool I let them.

I say we sue the pants off them but i don’t know where to start.

14 SweetlilJilly September 3, 2009 at 7:28 pm [edit]

I let them string me along. I believe the letters they showed me of several satisfied customers and thought they were really going to help us out. I would also be interested in a class action lawsuit against them.

15 Allen Wolf September 18, 2009 at 1:52 pm [edit]

I havebeen in touch with the Dept. of Real Estate. They are also working with the State Attorney General’s Office, Calif. State Bar. There is an on going investigation with Home Loan Preservation (HLP), now known as “e-Merge Advirsory…” and then Green Credit Solutions (GCS) and now “.” They hire unlicensed individuals, give false information, known for recuriting as marketing company (which is prompting the State Bar – marketing for attorney;s” , unknown who are the attorney’s. They claim that “real” attorney’s are the one calling the customers which in cases investigated are not true.

They claim they have a $100,000 Bond for “Foreclosure Consultants” which unable to vertify, and etc. The Dept. of Real Estate is looking for individual’s like yourself whom may be a victim of possible fraud as you have described earlier. Please send me an email [ cv8888@aol.com] with your name and telephone number and a short explaination of your complaint.

I will then put all of this together and forward to the proper investigating unit(s) . Dont and I mean don’t believe how wonderful they really are. These “Blogs” were written intentionally by individuals working with them. Don’t just take my word. Look up yourself on the DRE List. Call up either the District or the State Attorney’s Office. Call up the DRE, both in Sacremento and the LA area. Ask them if there is an on going investigation. They can’t tell you much “as the investigation is currently on going” and criminal charges maybe forthcoming, but you will get the drift after talking with them.

Why do you think they’ve changed their names?  They were getting too much heat.

They tell you they merged, but I would think under one name, why two different names? If you look up both firms 1) Green Credit Solutions and now Guardian Credit, none of these firms are owned by attorny’s, except for the same agent’s / brokers – individuals who were served a Desist and Refrain Order prior to the new company.

So if you are a victim or you have something to add please e-mail me. If these companies say what they are doing is legal, then they shouldn’t have nothing to worry about. E-mail me at cv8888@aol.com. Let me hear the good and the bad. If they are good, don’t just tell me or others on this blog, give me some MEAT ! What are facts? I want to see this in writting where I or the others can get their hands on.

16 jon September 24, 2009 at 1:53 am [edit]

i am a victumof this company and i can not get my refund back like they say they were suppose to give me. they sent a letter for me to sign to get my refund and i sented back and even faxs it to them to make sure that they get it. its been about 2 months now i havenot heard anything from them. i call them leaving tons of messages and still no respond. so if any is reading this they are a scam. if any one is affilliate with Gcs email me @ dawgiedawgg@yahoo.comcuz i wanna know what is going with my refund

17 GCSVictim September 24, 2009 at 4:48 pm [edit]

I filed a small claims against Green Credit Solutions (now called Get My Credit Grade) and won the judgement (GCS did not show up – surprise, surprise). They owe me $3,000 and don’t know how to collect since they changed their name.
Any advice???

FYI –the same players are still working under the new named company even though there is a DRE file that orders them to resist and refrain. What a bunch of scammers!!!!

18 GCS VICTIM NUMBER II October 5, 2009 at 10:07 am [edit]

I want to sue these scammers. But I don’t know where to start as well. I first want to get my money back, and they promised that once I send in my cancellation documents that they will provide me with a refund check. They are not providing the cancellation documents, and I have tried to reach more than a dozen times. They are not answering their phone, and will not return my calls. I am seriously so fed up, I want to team up with a pool and sue them together. I cannot believe that my home might be foreclosed because of GCS and their dubious company.

19 GCS Scam October 5, 2009 at 10:27 am [edit]

Hi everyone. I called Brian’s number. He no longer works for the company so I think it will be futile. He actually sent me another number to try calling. I really feel like I am going to get the run around. Someone please keep me updated with your efforts. I really want to get my money back.

20 ANOTHER VICTIM October 18, 2009 at 5:06 pm [edit]

I, too, have been scammed by Green Credit Solutions. We paid $3,495 over a year ago, and no results. I have already filed a complaint with the DRE and Attorney General. I don’t think this will bring any results. I think we need to file a class action suit, as there are so many people who were scammed. Approximately two weeks ago, I received a call from their “new” company.

A male called who could barely speak English, stating that he was not handling my modification. This was after not hearing from Green Credit Solutions since the end of June. I called back and left a message that I had never heard of the company before. I never received a reply.

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CROOKS!

I want to consult an attorney…any suggestions? Has anyone gotten any results from going this route? Please email at jercunard@aol.com. Thanks.

21 I think we were took also October 28, 2009 at 10:16 pm [edit]

I also think I’ve been taken. I just saw State of Cal legislation that outlawed taking up front fees for mort restructuring. Not sure what to do, I’m looking to get my cash back also

22 Daniel Schainen October 29, 2009 at 11:03 am [edit]

Green Credit Solutions and Plum Strategic Investments

It is amazing the lack of compassion these people have. We tried to modify our loan with them and the only thing they were ever good at was cashing our $3,500 check. They never responded to our requests. What a horrible experience. I was referred to them by a company called Plum Strategic Investments who I hold accountable now. Plum whole heartedly advocated Green Credit Solutions services.

They obviously got a kickback from the referral. What a serious ethical issue that company has. Nothing but a group of investment scammers. I advise strongly to watch them very carefully. I wish it wasn’t so, but my first hand experience was a very bad one.

23 Daniel Linden III October 29, 2009 at 2:24 pm [edit]

I have been jerked around since February of this year with no results. I have not spoken to anyone from Guardian Credit in at least a month. I have no idea where to turn next. My home is in foreclosure and I am stuck with no answers from any direction. If there is any communication breakthrough at any level with this homewrecking company please post a number.

24 Paul October 30, 2009 at 11:31 am [edit]

Im yet another one of the scammed. I too went through Plum and gave them a check for $3495 in march of this year. I will be attempting to get my money recovered as well. I will also continue to check here for any info that people might post about any class action information or any other way of getting some or all of my money back.

They were both so convincing(GCS and Plum) that it seemed like a no brainer. I did here of one person that I know of that worked out a mod but havnt heard from him in a while. Anyway, I wish the best of luck to the others that are in my shoes. Please post up any info here so we can move forward.
Thanks,
Paul
jp_waltz@yahoo.com

25 Lisa Martin November 7, 2009 at 12:38 pm [edit]

I also lost the 3495.00 with everyone else and I am starting the foreclosure process. I signed up because I say Channel 4’s Rob Black interviewing the owner of GCS and saying everyone should be modifiying right now. You feel you can trust a financial guy on a news station. I realized this was all a scam about month ago when the name of the company was changed. I phone my mortgage company and no one every contacted them during this process. I would appreciate any updates on lawsuits as well.

26 John November 11, 2009 at 9:43 am [edit]

I to am a victim of Green/Guardian Credit. I tried to get a modification from them and lost 3,000. I live in Nevada. Can anyone tell me who I need to get ahold of to prosecute these morons ?

Moe Bedard – All information and complaints provided in this post came to my email or this blog unsolicited. Reported scams and complaints continue to pour in daily via the comments sections of the posts cited above for you to do your own due dillegence. It is obvious that these clowns are as shady as the come and if I were you, I would stay away from them with a million foot pole.

I urge ripped of homeowners to report these scams to legal authorities with facts and evidence to support your claims. This MFI Miami company and Steve Dilbert had worked in concert with one of the largest and illegal loan modification operations in the country.

Here are the links to file a complaint against MFI-Miami or Green Credit.

AG – http://ag.ca.gov/loanmod/
FTC – https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
DRE – http://www.dre.ca.gov/cons_complaint.html

I wish you all the best of luck and please let me know the outcome!